- Any Nut Butter (Crunchy or smooth)
To assemble the sandwiches, core each apple and cut into ¼-inch slices (8 slices per apple). If you won’t be eating these right away, brush the apples slices with lemon juice (or soak them in soda water) to keep them from turning brown.
Spread two teaspoons of the nut butter of your choice on eight apple slices.
Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches.
- Milk (or soya, almond milk, fruit juice, low-fat coconut milk or coconut water instead)
- The fruit(s) and veggies of your choice
- Add two mugs of milk in your blender (you may need to put more, depending on the type of fruit you choose).
- Add about three quarters of a mug of your chosen fruit.
- Banana is a great base flavor for any smoothie, and will give you a lovely creamy texture. Other fruits that work well are berries, mango, peaches, plums, nectarines, grated apple or pear, and melon.
- Play around until you have a texture you like.
- Add a squeeze of honey, maple syrup or agave syrup if your smoothie needs it.
- Finally, add a few ice cubes to the blender for a thick and frosty smoothie.
Prosciutto and Melon Wraps
- Melon (Water, Galia, Charentais, White Honeydew or Cantaloupe) You can also use celery
Dividing evenly, wrap 6 melons or celery sticks with prosciutto. Serve with 1 teaspoon of hummus for dipping.
Dark Chocolate and Nut Clusters
- Nuts (Cashew, Pistacchio, Almond, Walnuts) Anything you like
- 85% Chocolate
Mix together ¼ cup unsalted roasted nuts and 1 ounce melted dark chocolate. Drop onto wax paper; refrigerate until set.